www.bizjournals.com | Jan 25, 2013
The Charlotte Business Journal has named 14 recipients of its Energy Leadership Awards for 2013.
The group of 10 Energy Leaders and four Young Leaders in Energy were honored Friday at the third annual Energy Leadership Awards luncheon at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte.
The award recipients also are featured in the Jan. 25 print edition of the Charlotte Business Journal.
The honorees were selected based on their:
•Impact on job growth.
•Influence on building the Carolinas into a national or international player in the industry.
•Impact on energy policy on the local, state or national level.
Here are this year’s award recipients. Click on their names to read their profile stories from the CBJ print edition:
- Ronak Bhatt, president, RIN Advisors
- Philip Dubois, chancellor, UNC Charlotte
- Barry Edwards, director, utilities and engineering, Catawba County
- Thomas Franch, senior vice president, Areva Inc.
- Hans Hartenstein, president, Steag Energy Services
- Alex Huang, director, FREEDM Systems Center,N.C. State University
- Kevin Marsh, chairman, chief executive, SCANA Corp.
- Rob Phocas, sustainability manager, city of Charlotte
- Enrique Santacana, president and chief executive, ABB North America
- Susan Winsor, president, Aiken Technical College
Young Leaders in Energy (click here for profiles)
- Valentina Cecchi, UNC Charlotte
- J. Curtiss Fox, Clemson University
- Luke Fishback, PlotWatt Inc.
- Amy Buu Keller, Westinghouse Electric Co.